British Empire Securities and General Trust plc
British Empire Securities and General Trust p.l.c. (British Empire) is a closed-end investment trust with shares listed on the London Stock Exchange in the FTSE 250 Index. The investment objective is to achieve capital growth through a focused portfolio of investments, particularly in companies whose share prices stand at a discount to estimated underlying net asset value. British Empire shares can be purchased and held in a Stocks & Shares ISA or a Share Saving scheme through the investment managers, Asset Value Investors.
Asset Value Investors is an employee owned management company founded in 1985 to manage the assets of British Empire, which was a £6 million trust at that time. Today, British Empire has assets of over £837* million and is managed by John Pennink and Joe Bauernfreund.
- Newsletter May 2013
- Newsletter April 2013
- Newsletter March 2013
- Newsletter February 2013
- Quarterly Investment Manager's Review January 2013
- Annual Report 2012
- Half Year Report 2012
- Interim Results Announcement 2012
- Brochure Stocks & Shares ISA/Share Plan
- Key Features ISA/Share plan
- Stockbroker Panmure Gordon & Co award British Empire Securities and General Trust a "Buy" rating following 2012's strong performance.
- British Empire surpasses benchmark to deliver a 7.9% return.
- Investec Securities describes British Empire as having a "Very strong performance for BTEM over Q4 2012.
- British Empire has been named in the Top 100 Funds
- British Empire named as one of five trusts for the first-time investor
- JP Morgan upgrades recommendation of British Empire
- Investment Trust with the biggest increase
- Charles Stanley describe British Empire as an investment trust with good returns
- Investment Trusts Top Picks
- Money Observer Magazine selects British Empire as its choice of Stocks and Shares ISA for 2010
- ThisIsMoney.co.uk calls British Empire’s managed fund "one of the country's more progressive investment trusts"
Price Performance December 2002 to December 2012 †
How a typical investment of £11,280 performed over the last five years ‡
British Empire Securities and General Trust has had an average annual NAV total return of 12.6%* since 1985.